In addition to the running topics I cover over on the blog, here’s a list of great articles from other sources around the web (including some I wrote for Philly.com’s On the Run column). Have a question you haven’t seen covered? Email me or reach out on Twitter, and I’ll answer or write a blog post.
Running: Form, Racing, etc.
- 6 tips for how to start running
- Speed workouts to gauge fitness
- Foot strike: What’s good, bad and when should I worry?
- What’s it like to run the Hood to Coast Relay?
- The best training for a marathon? A marathon
- Compression socks/sleeves: Are they worth it?
- Breaking down the different types of running shoes
- Will any running shoe do?
- Choosing the right running shoes
- Carbs and endurance training: Tips for success
- The fats you don’t need to fear, and the carbs that you do
- Set a new PR at the Philadelphia Marathon with this powerful nutrition program
- Cutting sugar improves children’s health in just 10 days
- The close ties between exercise and beer
- 10 essential strength exercises for runners
- Hardcore: Stability exercises to restore your core
- Back to life: Exercises to strengthen your spine
- Create your own exercise program by targeting specific muscles or choosing weights
General Fitness / Lifestyle
- Does exercise help keep our brains young?
- Weight gain possibly tied to later bedtimes
- Ask Well: a long walk or a short stair climb?